In 1922, property owners around the lake formed the Hitchcock Lake Protective and Improvement Association. In 1964, The Hitchcock Lake Improvement Association, Inc. was incorporated in CT. Hitchcock Lake was owned and operated by the Mad River Company (owned by Scovill) to provide water to industry in the Naugatuck River Valley. The Mad River Company transferred the ownership of Hitchcock Lake to the Wolcott Land Conservation Trust, Inc. on July 9, 1986.
Hitchcock Lake is located on Southington Mountain in Wolcott, CT. This private lake community is home to approximately 350 households. The lake is owned by the Wolcott Land Conservation Trust (WLCT) and managed by the Hitchcock Lake Improvement Association (HLIA).
The purposes of The Hitchcock Lake Improvement Association (HLIA) are to:
• Preserve and enhance the natural environment and recreational value of Hitchcock Lake (the “lake”) and its habitats.
• Provide safety policies for all lake activities, including compliance with safe boating and water laws and regulations in accordance with the Connecticut Department of Energy and Environmental Protection.
• Maintain a close relationship with the town of Wolcott and the Wolcott Land Conservation Trust, Inc. (“WLCT”) regarding lake management.
• Inform Wolcott residents and HLIA members on pertinent lake issues, and sponsor activities for residents of the lake to promote a sense of community, cooperation and support for the lake and its environmental quality.
• Raise revenue to accomplish these purposes.
The Officers and Directors are lake residents who volunteer their time to manage the HLIA. The Board is comprised of a President, Vice President, Secretary and Treasurer and (8) Directors. Officers are elected by the membership to 2-year terms and Directors to 3-year terms. Terms are staggered and elections are held annually.
In 2022, General Meetings will be held the last Monday of each month except for May and October (3rd Monday), and no meeting in December.
Social Events are held throughout the year. See the Calendar page for all Meeting and Event dates.
If you would like to add an item to the agenda- contact HLIA by 5/18
If you would like to add an item to the agenda- contact HLIA by 6/22
PO BOX 6224, Wolcott, CT 06716
Please explore the site